Don’t have a lot of time to help? That’s ok!
A hour here and there makes all of the difference in our community.
Here are a few ideas of ways to donate some of your time to the Ardenwald community. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or learn more! We’d love your help–and it’s fun!
Do you have five minutes?
- Like our Facebook or Instagram page and share posts so your friends can see what’s happening at school
- Reach out to other Ardenwald families to see how they’re doing and ask them if they want to join you helping out
- Email the teachers with a cute story that your kid told you about them
- Email the PTO or principal any suggestions, questions, concerns, compliments that you might have about Ardenwald
Do you have ten to fifteen minutes?
- Trim your box top donations before you bring them to school
- Visit our website: ardenwaldpto.com
- Shelf books in the library after you drop your kid off at school
Do you have a half hour?
- Go through your kid’s bookshelf and donate gently used books to a classroom
- Contact a friend or relative who has a business in Portland and ask if they could donate something to our Spring Auction
- Fill out your volunteer application
- Register yourself on helpcounter.com so you sign up for volunteer shifts with ease
Do have an hour or so?
- Help your student’s teacher. Ask them if they need any help with photocopies, making bulletin boards, classroom help, etc
- Attend a PTO or school board meeting
- Sign up for a shift to help out at one of our fundraisers or community events (Bingo Night, Winter Social, Plant Sale or the Spring Auction)
Do you have an evening?
- Watch a movie and eat pizza while you help with Parent’s Night Out
- Attend a school event with your family (Bingo Night, Social, School Auction)
Do you have a day?
- Chaperone a field trip (background check needs to be on file)
Learn more or sign up by emailing email@example.com. Volunteering is great way to support our kiddos, school and staff!